You have no items in your shopping cart.
We can't wait to get to the beach this summer! We've put together some of the best things to do at the beach with your dog, and what items from the Miami Edition to take with you:
1. Put the windows down - If you are driving to the beach, and the weather is not too hot, put the windows down. Your dog will love the breeze and the smell of the ocean air.
2. Take a walk - If you like to stroll on the beach or the boardwalk, don't forget to select our fashionable Miami themed Mimi Green leash in your BoxDog this summer. Be sure to cool your dog off frequently while walking, including wetting his or her ears and providing plenty of drinking water. If you are looking for an easy way to carry water for your dog, check out the travel water bottle in our Miami BoxDog edition.
3. Cruise on a boat - Does your dog love taking rides in the car? If your dog has a need for speed, you should see if he or she would try a boat ride. It's easily done in a familiar situation, like where a family member or friend owns the boat and you can spend time getting your dog comfortable. If that's not possible, you may be able to rent a boat for the day or take a day cruise that allows pets. Be sure your dog wears a life jacket at all times!
4. Play fetch - The beach is the perfect place to get your fetch on! If your dog loves to fetch, be sure to check out our floating Chuckit Amphibious Bumper, which is perfect for the shallow surf, the pool or the sand.
5. Hit the waves - If your dog is a great swimmer, you might want to try some of the more adventurous options the beach has to offer (with active supervision). We've seen dogs do it all - swim in the ocean, jump on a surfboard or ride in a kayak. Our Tuffy Turtle is great pick for medium to large dogs - and it floats in the pool or the ocean!
Do you recognize the image on this article? That's Moose, a chocolate lab, who made the cover of the BoxDog Miami Edition box just for going to the beach. We'd love to see pictures of your dog on the beach!